1310 Circle Drive, Scottsbluff NE
In 1995 with the need for expansion, the company undertook a total ground up construction of a new retail store on the east side of Scottsbluff by what was Cannon Brothers Ford. The new facility was built on five acres of land. The new showroom is over 16,000 square feet with numerous out buildings so materials are stored out of the weather – enhancing quality and longevity.
2010 brought another milestone for Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company as we purchased George Woods Interiors. CTL Fabrication is now Eastern Wyoming and Western Nebraska’s leading Cambria Quartz and granite fabrication facility. We take slabs and cut, profile, and install throughout the area providing top quality fabrication and installation for a wide variety of both residential and commercial customers.
Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company is affiliated with Do It Best Corporation, a member-owned buying organization of over 2400 independent merchants.
We, at Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company, hope to continue to grow serving Western Nebraska and Eastern Wyoming. We give our heartfelt thanks to our many customers over these past hundred years for you are our most important asset.
Over one hundred years ago a work train stopped within a mile from the end of the line at that time-Scottsbluff. On that train were two young men in their early twenties, J.M. Carr and H.W. Neff, the founders of the present Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company. Their first view of the business site they had purchased was far from encouraging. Many of the descendants of these early customers – third, fourth, and even fifth generations – remain as friends and loyal customers of the Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company.
The advent of irrigation and the digging of canals helped the valley to prosper. In 1939 W.S. “Bill” Trumbull, came into the business and guided the growth and development of the company for the next 40 years.
In 1958, the third generation, J. Carr Trumbull, joined the firm. Over the years, Carr-Trumbull Lumber Company has been blessed with capable, dependable, friendly personnel – people who have been a very important part in the growth of our business, and in the serving of our customers.
In 1979, a two year project was undertaken to expand the store area,
providing additional customer parking, and a drive-through storage facility with practically all of our building materials under one roof.